WIAA Handbook Q&A 23.5.10 mandates that “hands-on” stunt certification is required for cheer coaches who intend to have their cheer squad perform stunts. These stunt certification clinics run for two hours and will be hosted in person. The certification program must be approved by the WIAA. Coaches must be recertified every two (2) years.
Because WIAA Handbook Rule 20.3.1.H.1.b requires assistant coaches to be at least 19 years of age, certificates for completing a stunt certification clinic and passing the test will be issued only to individuals who are at least 19 years of age. Additionally, you must pay the registration fee ($50 by credit card), complete the clinic and pass the required test before receiving your certification document (via e-mail) following your clinic date. The only acceptable method of payment is by credit card and must be prior to attending the clinic. Any coach who fails to pay on the day of the clinic will not be allowed to participate in the certification.
NOTE: All hands-on clinics are hosted on my247ed.com through one sign-up link (accessed via the green button below). Instructions to register can be found on the initial landing page.
- Hands-on Clinics are $45/coach with a school purchase order or $50/coach with credit card
- A minimum of six (6) coaches must be registered in order to hold a clinic
- If you experience technical difficulties registering for a clinic, please contact Nick Mendro
- Return to My247Ed and log back into your account
- Select the “Conference Records” tab at the left of the page
- Click on the WIAA 2023 Cheer Coach Stunt Certification
- Select the “Sessions & Schedule” tab on the left-hand side of the screen
- Select “Confirm Attendance” (Note: If this step has already been completed, it is because you selected “Add to Your Schedule” prior to the clinic. Don’t panic — this is normal. Proceed to step 6 below).
- Select “Certifications & Forms” on the left-hand side of the screen
- Select “Start Application”
- This should take you to a page with the header, “Are you ready to apply?”
- Click all the sliders on this page to the right, indicating completion
- Proceed to fill out the survey and download/sync your certificate
HOSTING A STUNT CERTIFICATION CLINIC
If a clinic is not scheduled in your area, or at a time that meets your needs, you may submit a request to host a clinic. Send your request to Cindy Adsit at least three (3) weeks prior to the first potential date listed and include the following information:
- Three (3) potential dates and times
- Name and physical address of the public facility that has been secured to host the event (include any specific instructions about where to park or enter the building)
- The clinic must be open to any cheer coach who needs the certification – we do not provide private clinics. Please realize that this means any number past the minimum of six coaches could be in attendance.
- Adequate room for attendees to sit during the lecture and video portions of the class.
- Adequate room for attendees to stand and safely participate in hands-on portions of the class.
- Access to a projector, an overhead screen, and wifi. Our clinicians utilize a Google Slides presentation with links to videos on YouTube to teach this class. Make sure that your facility’s wifi policies will allow them access to all of these digital items (some schools limit access to wifi or permissions for certain videos). Access to sound equipment is not necessary.
- A restroom must for all attendees
- The WIAA will not pay any rental fees. If the facility charges a rental fee, you are responsible for covering that fee.
Upon verification of availability from one of the WIAA Stunt Clinicians, the clinic will be posted on the WIAA Website and the clinic will be held provided a minimum of six (6) individuals preregister for the course.
SATURDAY, MARCH 2 – 9AM-11AM
Cascade Middle School
11212 10th Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98146
SATURDAY, MARCH 9 – 9AM-11AM
Shadle Park High School
4327 North Ash Street
Spokane, WA 99205